View Single Post
Old 03-08-2001, 01:19 AM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

THE GAEL SERRAN EXAMINER 7th EDITION
Sazerac, Editor

BLACK HAND RATS TRAIN BLUEBIRDS AS NEFARIOUS HENCHMEN

A recent source indicates that the Rattkins of the Black Hand are involved in the practice of capturing innocent bluebirds and training the normally peaceful avians in attacking and ransacking travelers, divesting them of their possessions and often causing them considerable discomfort with their wild diving, screeching, and pecking at their head and eyes. This is allegedly the method in which the rats train the birds to operate. Travelers thus attacked (generally in masses by the bluebirds), tend to drop their possessions and run screaming down the pathway from the offending avians, who then gather up the trinkets in their beaks and claws and bear them back to the criminal rattkins.

A recent attack victim, Erzebette of West Ishad N'ha, was interviewed as to what had occurred. "Some people think this is funny," she sobbed, outraged. "But I've got peck marks all over my rumpus. I lost my crystal brooch to those hideous chirpers! It was two days before I could sit properly."

As bluebirds are a protected form of wildlife in the Gael Serran, Lord Barrenhawk and Duke Brinsly have been loath to enact measures against the small creatures. The gravity of the situation is growing, though. It is believed that the rattkin will, if possible, train enough birds to attack in large enough numbers to carry out some of their alleged assassination contracts. Lord Barrenhawk is making an open call to all rangers to trap the birds and bring them back to the cities, where they may be "deprogrammed" and returned to, hopefully, a simple nature life.

No Rangers so far have responded to the call. There are allegations among the Ranger camps that Lord Barrenhawk has gone "round the bend", so to speak.

Keep watching for the next edition of the Gael Serran Examiner. Remember: Minds that need examining want to KNOW!

Sazerac, Editor
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote