Thread: The "War" model
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2001, 06:31 PM   #14
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

You know what pisses me off about this? It highlights American arrogance. Are Palestine and Israel at War? Are the Ulster Unionists and the IRA at War? Are America so large and omnipotent that they are beneath "warring" a repressive government subjegating one of the poorest nations on earth and harbouring a militant religious sect with violent ends.

I'm glad Bush has separated the Taliban from Afgahnistan, and Bin Laden from the Taliban. In earlier years the three would have been seen as merged entities and the "war" Diogenes is proclaiming as pure and "worthy" would have errupted. Much to Bin Ladens joy.

The rules of Warfare change. WWI changed all the rules of combat, bringing trench warfare and minute land gains. Did we stop calling it war? Vietnam had a hidden enemy, rarely seen. Did we not call that a war? So the enemy is not merely a NATION. Well welcome to the new Millenium. The new Empires are multinationals with Coup D'Etats Colonies and Dynasties.

The Emperor of a "new Empire" declared war on an Empire of the old school.

I'm just glad the leaders have their eyes open to the reality of the situation, and are humble enough to take this seriously.

All it will take is for the dissidents revolting in Karachi to grow (15% of the pop at the moment) and overthrow the government and we'll have an antagonistic, pro-Bin Laden nation with 40 nuclear warheads.

Will that be "War" then Diogenes? Bin Laden will have two nations then.

Remember the Golden rule. He who has the Gold rules.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!