View Single Post
Old 07-19-2001, 05:08 AM   #25
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Actually you'd remember that the name Baldur's Gate was'nt Black Isle's to begin with. Neither is the name Bhaal, or Amn, or the Forgotten Realms, or any other AD&D name before BG1.
Besides, let the kiddies have their games. It wouldn't do too well on a PC platform anyway. The PC and PSX really should'nt be compared, because they are two different mediums altogether. Besides, the PSX has had some of my most favourite games of all time (FF7&8) so I wouldn't brush it off just like that.

Why should it be your business? Nobody is gonna mistake Dark Alliance for Baldur's Gate 1. If you're listening to the mutterings of children and take them seriously, then it speaks something of your character. Any serious gamers will know the two games for what they are, child or not. BG issint even a massively popular multiplayer game so there's no fear of them flooding the scene with newbies like Counterstrike. Black Isle won't take flak from how the game does, because they didnt make it, and I dont think they OWN the copyright to "Baldur's Gate" as a name as to be able to sell it. Game reviewers won't bash Black Isle for a downward turn. Besides, the BG trilogy is finished, so how will this affect possible future sales? It won't because there won't be any future sales, no more BG games for the PC, other than bundles and BG1+TOTSC+BG2+TOB packages..
So why fret? You dont own the industry..
------------------
Why?

[This message has been edited by Lifetime (edited 07-19-2001).]