View Single Post
Old 01-07-2001, 11:45 AM   #9
Gauleiter

It's funny: at the end of the game, my Mavin-wielding guy, even after the Black Fire experience, was doing far more damage with his blessed-up Washizaki +2 (sp? Sounds like Suzuki...) than with the Mavin itself

Seems a bit of bad planning on the part of the developers, that at that end point in Cet's House the two weakest weapons *by far*, even Black Fired, were the Mavin and the Staff of Death. That's not by cheating, either: takes cash, but 3 or 4 enchantments aren't /that/ expensive when one considers the amount of cash lying around in the later dungeons, especially spawn often. Seems to me the secret of good enchanted weapons is to START with something good anyway: the Washizaki +2 was kickass anyway, likewise the Wizard's Dagger (for the Assassin) and the Dagger +2 (Zenmaster got this one), and also that big two-handed Dragon Sword (besides the Wizard's Dagger, it had the highest overall damage, scoring [w/o Heroic Might, Bloodlust, etc.] around 32) which enchanted quite nicely.

BTW, as far as cheating goes (there's really no need for *that* much money, IMO -- 3 or 4 damage enchants is quite sufficient for this game, and can be done w/o cheating), the best overall money cheat is simple inventory editing, which I'm not about to teach (Wyv has been doing it for longer than I have, anyway ), because you can learn it yourself with about an hour's free time and a little curiosity. Just do be sure to backup *everything* you mess with, B4 you mess with it.