View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 09:55 PM   #4
whathuh
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar
<---- feeling very stupid at the moment
Yes, it is a TOB subject, but might I enlighten you that summoning more than one planetar is cheating, but not actually enforced by the game.

A somewhat less cheesy approach to the problem makes the fire giants greatest ability its liability. The fireshield it has on is easily used against it by another fireshield, but this time blue.

The trick:
Equip your mage with some stoneskins (the firegiants have 9 attacks per round you know)
Get all the protection items possible (gaxx, rop +2/3, seldarine). Thats +5 already to saves. You will want to have an automatic save, so at these levels, +5 will pretty much guarantee it.
Get over 100% resist fire.
Cast fireshield (blue).
Go up to a firegiant and hit it (or let it hit you), watch your framerate go bye-bye, and then catch up with a dead firegiant and a fully healed mage.

The trick is to keep your fire resistance up so the fireshield does not hurt you, as an insane -127 resist fireshield can do upwards of 50 damage.

This bit of cheese is very very cheesy in my opinion, but frankly is the only way to destroy these things safely. 9 freaking attacks per round and the regeneration ability of a hasted greater wolfwere is not exactly fair. Not to mention 22 strength. You can load up all you want on all your missile weapons and still not damage these guys. I had 20 cloudkills going at one point, and they were barely injured whenever I checked.

Another way to kill them is with a kensai->thief. Kai first with a katana (hindo has the most damage), then backstab. I'm pretty sure that along with a good strength bonus (dual with crom), fire giants do not have enough life to survive that.
whathuh is offline   Reply With Quote