View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 01:50 PM   #45
The Cavalier
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Slightly off the direct topic of the thread, I find it interesting all those people who have mentioned shotguns and pond-scum messing with people's daughters etc - that type of comment.

I find it interesting, because that attitude amongst fathers is not very prevalent in England. If my dad didn't like the person I was seeing at that age he would not have said anything about it, and I've never been grounded in my life. He never would have got angry if I was out with a boy, and would never have been thinking 'leave my little girl alone you scum' - as long as he knew where I was it was OK.

Danged americans.

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

They never checked out the boy's job prospects lol (something I find a ridiculous concept!) or interrogated them.

Why does everyone seem to think having a job now decides how you will fare later in life?

Two years ago, when I met shely, I had been dating a tall, skinny, extremely hot blonde, still one of the hottest girls in school, and we had LOTS of the
S-E-X. But she had ZERO personality. Then I met shely, who blew away EVERYTHING I'd ever known about girls. She had the most beautiful brown hair and eyes, and to this day I've never seen a girl with prettier hair or eyes. She was alittle on the heavy side (not much, just slightly), and lower on the social rung than my previous girlfriend, but she was some much more. she was a person.
The thing is, she stayed the night, and part of the reason I liked the idea, is because it would allow me to prove that I DIDN'T wan tto have sex with her. sure, we could have, but I just enjoyed sleeping with her in my arms.
Anyway, for two years, my ex bugged me "get a job" "your not gonna go anywhere in life if you don't start working" "blah blah blah". Well, two weeks with shely made me want to get a job (I guess what I'm saying is shely's dad said I wasn't gonna go anywhere in life, so have to get one anyway. This is why I agree with Epona's above statement).

Well, now my ex is in an unhappy relationship, needs to get rides from her "boyfriend" to work in his broke ass truck. she is still working the same dead end job. And now I have a great job and just bought a 2000 mustang.

I guess what I'm saying is Michelle means alot to me, and I don't know why people think having a job now will alter what you become in the future. in my little hick town, most people who get these jobs KEEP these jobs...