View Single Post
Old 03-05-2001, 07:12 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hesperex:
"if an instance death spell (finger of death, disngtegret, death spell, with exception of flesh to stone) is casted direct towards the wielder of the sword, the sword will release its soul energy and burst into a devastating explosion. It does 8d8 magic dmg to everyone within 60 ft area, with no save (but it is possible to resis). and everyone getting hit must make a save vs death at -4 or be slain. (including the wielder)"

I dont't think this part is possible.

"a critical hit from this sword will result a feeble mind spell on the target, and the target must make a save vs spell or become a gibering idiot."

Im not sure if It's possible to define between criticle and normal hits. But I haven't tried to make an item this complex before. I will have ago though. I will try the Twisted Equilizer first it looks a little easier.

Heh, I arrived at the same conclusion Hesp. I've made some pretty complex PKs in my time but these ones take the cake!

Your creativity is appreciated, 250, just a bit hard to put together in practice. All those points Hesp raised eg instant kill backlash and critical hit backlash can't be done. You have to be either hit or not hit (a la Keldorn's Hallowed Redeemer).

Energy drain and add HP to wielder, yes it can be done.

How do you define something with a soul? We'd probably have to be more specific.

The resurrect point is irrelevant because opponents in BG2 are NEVER resurrected anyway.

The is NFW you can make the second one. Too many time-specific variables which would be impossible to implement. It's practically an artifact. Nice try though!

(Hesp if you can put the Necklace together I will fly from Sydney to Worchestershire naked

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame