View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 12:34 AM   #29
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Default Re: Now in New Zealand [Swine Flu]

So can I catch the swine flu if I eat pork?
j/k

I myself am not really THAT worried about this flu. Of course, ever since I got this absolutely horrible flu about 15 years ago, I've been a chronic handwasher. I wash my hands every time I get home, from wherever. Basically if I got out anywhere, when I return I wash my hands first thing. When the Fedex/UPS guy comes every day at my work, and I have to sign for our package using that special pen thingy that a million people have used, I wash my hands afterwards. I always am aware of what I touch, and how many people may have touched the same thing, and I try not to touch my face in any way (mouth, nose, eyes). We have a public bathroom in the hallway where I work, and before I leave the bathroom I wash my hands, and use the paper towel I dried my hands on to open up the door to exit the bathroom, and also to re-enter my office. I went 8 years straight once without catching one cold or flu. Unfortunately an intern using the copier a lot got me and ruined my 9th year LOL.

Of course nothing is totally foolproof, but I'm really hoping my handwashing skills will keep me from getting sick. The media really needs to turn it down a notch too with all the "pandemic" reports. It is just scaring people and things aren't that bad yet, and they may not ever get that bad. Let's just wait and see, I say, before we freak out.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote