View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #26
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Now in New Zealand [Swine Flu]

I think and suspect, that the reason why the above information is not explained by the mass media, or by the surgeon general's office in a comprehensive manner that leaves no doubt as to how dangerous swine flu is, is because this outbreak really helps business. As an example, just by looking around the store today, I noticed that all those GermX hand-sanitizers are all sold out in Walmart, and I noticed they have actually created shelves dedicated to flu meds that stick out of the medical/pharmaceutical isles. These little shelves were half empty today.

Bottom line is this is good for business, and in an ailing economy, for there to be high demand for certain products is an added bonus. So no-one is gonna educate the public about the facts, but they will (like Sanjay Gupta did) skirt around the issue, citing the worst-case scenarios to inspire fear in people. Fear is a big seller. It makes us buy burglar alarms and life insurance and more recently, gas-masks and duct-tape to protect from terrorists. No good businessman is gonna set a customer straight and enlighten them with the truth if it costs them said customer. And this, is the dirty truth where we get to seperate the people from the swines.