Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2002, 08:42 AM   #40
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

And all I wanted was some help with hwk...
O well... anyways... here are some points to consider...

"Far as im concerned if your going to follow a religion then no bullshit about it you follow that religion to the letter otherwise you dont really believe it, you cant pick the parts you like or the parts you dont want, you have to take the lot and believe the lot." - Grungi

I don't think its bullshit... if you were born a member of a religion, then you might disagree with some or all of the ideas in that religion... but go to church with the rest of the family (although those guys you mentioned sound like assholes)... I think that's fine. And you may join a religion for the OVERALL idea behind it, not every point. For example (and not getting at muslims... it just that i live in a muslim country and so this springs to mind) someone may join the muslim church as they believe it is the best church... BUT they may think that the way women have to dress is apalling... it's religion - what YOU believe in... in the end, all recognised religions are just giving you guidelines if you are at a loss to think of your own (like kits in icewind dale... you can use those OR you can customise your character)
I dunno if that makes sense or anything

Something else to think about (don't take offense)... If god is all powerful, then why are people so afraid of the devil?

------------------------------

I'm what you might call a "practising atheist"