Thread: Dual wielding
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 01:31 AM   #6
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
Default Re: Dual wielding

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Problem with NPC rogues is flanking and having to micro manage them to do it manually. Tactics won't allow you to get into any kind of flanking or backstab position so you need to spec for improved flanking (w/e it's called) and hope they don't hit them from the front.

Even in WoW, backstabbing has always been more trouble than its worth (at least in PvE) since you are repositioning your character for highest damage every single fight. By then, your mage has already burned them to a cinder. I am looking for a mod that will allow the AI to manuever automatically for rogues although I haven't looked as thoroughly as i'd like to. Anyone found one?
One way to reduce micromanaging your rogues is to get them Coup de Grace (free backstabs on incapacitated targets). Then set Tactics to Enemy-Status-Can't move-Attack. If you have a mage that's got crowd control spells, your Rogue can take down paralyzed/frozen enemies without worrying about positioning for backstabs.

Another one to try would be to set to attack target of [tank]. Enemy should be facing the tank, and so your chances of attacking from the side or rear are decent, especially if there's a crowd surrounding your tank.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote