View Single Post
Old 12-04-2000, 05:50 AM   #1
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Everytime I tried to give Talrik the longtooth hide to prove my worthiness (and get his treasure map), the stubborn fellow refused to take it. At first I thought he must be upset with me, maybe because he got caught in the blast from the fire bomb throwing Scourge of the Seas. He was waving his cutlass around pretty fiercely, so I tried to charm him. I tried handing the hide back and forth between characters to see if I needed the original conversant to hand it too him. I went over to Skull Island to find another longtooth, because my first hide came from a kill on the mainland. Nothing but the message "Talrik doesn't accept the hide". Tried all forms of keyword conversation, plus a few of my own (good thoughts as well as expletives). Killed the little fellow, and no map - but then it dawns. He has 3 or 4 bits of bric-a-brac for trade, and 6 hooks that my party had just given him, having picked them up in the pawn shop (have all members doing all quests). Reload, and pickpocket a few items off him - NOW HE ACCEPTS IT - WOOHOO again . I remember reading where someone couldn't get Medkawa to accept a potion - wonder if that wasn't a similar thing. Torin accepts 4 arrows, not all 6. It would be easy to trade some items to one of these "give" characters and fill up his inventory, thus leaving you tearing your hair out, and not able to give them the essential things. There's a motto there somewhere, but this post is too long already.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote