View Single Post
Old 11-29-2001, 03:54 PM   #27
Kaleban
Manshoon

Oh, and for all you punks that slammed Mitro (those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, judge not lest ye be judged, etc., etc.) I once rolled up a Monk when I first got the game just to see what they played like. Here was the adjusted roll after I had put stuff where I wanted it:

Str: 18
Dex: 18
Con: 18
Int: 14
Wis: 18
Cha: 16

Needless to say, I was amazed, but promptly deleted him after going about halfway through Irenicus' dungeon. The dude was WAY to overpowered, and although it pained me to do so, I deleted him. They say absolute power corrupts absolutely, and for those who can only play with 18s in all attributes, you are really missing the point about a hero having a tragic flaw which is what makes him a hero.

Ex. Achilles' Heel is the most common, Hercules' relative gullibility (not the Disney or Fox version), et al.

You powermongers should try playing a game with a character on the FIRST roll regardless of what it is and see how it suits you. Often times, a weaker character pulls you into the game more, as they need to use the varied potions and other objects that an all 18s character never has to think about or touch.