View Single Post
Old 09-21-2001, 02:42 PM   #13
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

h
Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:

I am very anti-anti hunting. Meaning that I hunt often.

Do any of you know what would happen if you let 2000 calfs run wild? If you did you would not be for anti-hunting/Anti-meat eating and all that otehr anti stuff.

Leaving aside the 'anti-hunting' for a moment, your point on 'anti-meat eating'.

I take it you are referring to vegetarianism and veganism? I am a vegetarian, which means I do not eat meat or fish. There are lots of reasons why people don't choose to eat meat. Apart from the obvious health and environment reasons, I am motivated by what I know about intensive farming, (a lot!). The way animals are raised and slaughtered in the UK and Europe is, (with some few exceptions), disgusting and barbaric. The poultry industries are probably the best known examples. I haven't studied the US industries specificially, however, the little I do know suggests the situation is similar there.

I don't need to eat meat to live (by the way, I am 100% healthy, and look about 10 years younger than I am) and so I don't eat it. This isn't an attack on people who do eat meat - each to their own, but to dismiss 'anti-meating' as part of 'that other anti-stuff' seems somewhat flip and dismissive to me, so I decided to put in my twopennorth. (PS Vegetarianism is very common in the UK, less so in the US, I believe...)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 09-21-2001).]