View Single Post
Old 11-28-2001, 04:04 PM   #19
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Personally, I don't think it's much of a spoiler, considering it only concerns ammo. And Magness only stated what the items were, not where they are or how to get them. I for one don't feel spoiled, the way I did what I accidentally read the exact location of the Helm of Balduran.

In the list of ammo types, I notice that a few are missing from the selection offered in BG1: Arrows of Ice, Slaying (not that I ever used them), and Detonation, as well of Bolts of Polymorphing. The Detonators are probably gone because they were too overpowered, but I never saw much point in the Polymorphers. (Any enemy worth using them on is just gonna Save vs. them, so why bother?) What do the Sunstone Bullets do?

Whailor, I know there's a crossbow in BG1 that gives +5 to THAC0, but I wouldn't know about BG2. I'm a Bow man myself. I've got a guy using a Crossbow now, but that's because he's a Fighter going to be dualed to Cleric. He's gonna be restricted to a Sling eventually, so he's gotta put his weapon points into Missile, but until he makes the Dual to Cleric, he can use those points toward any Missile weapon--including the Light Crossbow of Speed. [img]smile.gif[/img] (Yes, this is BG1, where the game still groups Slings and Crossbows in the same category, yet Maces and Morning Stars are different.)

In BG2, can you finally put Darts into your ammo slots, the way you can with arrows/bolts/bullets?