View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
Azaghal
The Magister

Default Improved Faldorn = ueberdruidess

It's been a while, but I'm back on my travels thru Faerun. And glad to see this forum is still alive and kicking. EasyTutu made BG1 great fun and now I'm on the hunt for ol' Jon again. Amongst others I have the Tactics mod installed and remember clearly to have beaten all the challenges in the past - but how? My plain Kensai PC (Lvl 17) is facing (improved) Faldorn (a mere joke in vanilla BG2) and gets a bleeding nose. Reloading and prebuffing gives him another 1 or 2 rounds before the lights go dark. Searched the forums, but the hints there seem to have never been put to the test:

Help from outside is obviously necessary - but
1. Ranged weapons or spells do not work (of course).
2. Area of effect spells do not reach into the pit.
3. Neither does a teleportation field.
4. Dimension door doesn't bring my mage into combat.
5. Someone mentioned to have dropped equipment into the pit. Well, when my NPCs drop an item, it remains exactly on the floor where they are standing. I have no idea how to "throw" the stuff!?

I doubt my PC will be able to beat her even if he was lvl 20 or higher, so I don't think just doing other quests and returning would be an option.
Please spoil me, what tactics might help?

My party:
Kensai lvl 17
Cavalier lvl 15
Priest of Lathander lvl 18
Archer lvl 15
Conjurer lvl 16
Assassin lvl 20