View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 05:30 PM   #2
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

oh we just got another interesting question worthy of answering in its own post because of how awesome this is compared to the PUNNISHMENTS most MMORPGs give for dying:

Q: ooh, big important question just poped in my head. Lets assume your char dies. (heaven forbid) What happens next? do you do what happens in WoW (ethral realm body hunt) or do you spawn at the nearest town with no gear or what?

Quote:
Now. You lose no gear from dying. You lose no XP. You just have a temporary percentlige loss to your maximum Health and Energy until you get to a town again, or cure it by killing lots of things or getting Morale bonuses. if your part of a group and you die, you wait untill you get brought back to the last checkpoint you passed Or until your group goes into a new area, then all dead party members are instantly rezzed and teleported to the group.
Cody added: Or enter a cinema.

All of this is true and absoluttley awesome, because the death penalties are not permanent neither are they something you have to work to get back, so no time is lost, just a temporary % of your stats go down a little each time you die and the cap is at 60% decrease in stats, and once you reach a town the stats shoot back up to their normal ammount.

I SHOULD ALSO POINT OUT:

The Death Penalty can sometimes be reduced and even reversed to be a positive penalty that increases stats.

Killing a Here monster for instance or completing a quest objetive earns the whole party a specific % of their decrease back or their stats are all increased by a % if its low or at 0 and there's an increase.

Q: I'm assuming resurection is a healing spellcaster spell, but can it also be gained by lets say using a scroll or something similar?

Quote:
Any class can pick up a Resurrection Signet, though. I seem to remember that a Rez signet only works once per mission, though.
yea, from what I've surmised, the Monk is the healing class

Quote:
Yes, the opposite of a Death Penalty is a Morale Bonus. You get positive Morale from killing heroes and completing mission objectives.
heroes? is that a term for a special (or just tougher) group/single NPCs

Quote:
Tougher single NPC's.
Named NPC's, specifically.
Or just lead a party.
Like a powerful monk centaur leading a mixed group of centaurs.
so its basically a power bonous for killing tougher monsters. The more you kill the better your bonous?

Quote:
Exactly...

They stack up to a max of +15% to health and energy. Which'll also soften the blow of getting a Death Penalty, which is 15% per death, if I remember right.
Q: Oh and what about the music?

It's just down-right awesome music composed by the guy who made the Never Winter Nights soundtrack. I've noted a few similarities in stanzas and such with the NWN soundtrack but each track is original.

Q: Alright. What about different races?

none but you do get a height adjustment toggle. And in the full version there might be differint races. Who knows... there were Dwarven NPCs though.

Quote:
No, new races in the full version. But. They say that there's a small chance of new races in any expansions they release, though that's far from a promise.
The humans are very diverse though they dont all look the same at all.

You can be a goth-looking Necromancer, or a huge square-shaped warrior or a light on their feet monk or a freaky noble-looking mesmer or a gruff ranger or a young elementalist.

Q: Can i name my character Joe?

A: No the game requires at least 2 seperate characters in order to be a Name. So a name like J O E would work, but its probably taken. We suggest things like "Lady Deathstrike the Magnificent" [img]tongue.gif[/img]

My guild runs like:

Ian The Deathkiller
Hegazi The Violet
Cody The Whats-his-face (forgot his name)
Andy The Jolly

etc.
/)eathKiller is offline   Reply With Quote