View Single Post
Old 04-02-2002, 12:24 PM   #2
dale
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Alenkii Cvetocek:

2. Two rangers - they are ideal ranged fighers, no? The mook for the Great Sword and the Human for higher magic stats, to act as an alchemist.
I had a mook ranger my first time through -- he was a real money maker via his alchemy potion mixing. He pretty much maxed out on magic skills as well as ranged skills.

Quote:
3. Having both the Gadgeteer and a Bard - seems like two "pseudocasters" will be good, given that I only have one bishop. Also, the ranged party should have an omnigun. I'm reading that the bard's power is too great to ignore.
I had a bard in my first group. I'm playing again with a bard and a gadgeteer -- both are very good and contribute a lot (although not as many kills -- they disable, others kill).

Quote:

6. I will recruit robot monk for the front and vi for the flank, for additional melee power.
I like them also. There are only a few places that they do not like to go with you.

Quote:
Can one get two Great Swords? Then maybe two mook rangers is better?
I think that you are guarenteed at least one, but I got and sold several my last game.

Quote:
Will I have ammo problems?
I had a tendency to buy all the advanced arrows and quarrels available and then stock pile them in the chest near Antone Rapax. You will do decent damage & learn skill with ordinary arrows and quarrels for most average monsters -- taking a stock of advanced ammo with you for new sections with bigger monsters.