View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 07:25 AM   #7
bladedog
Dungeon Master

OK well I decided I agree with you totally!!!!

Stayed at 5th level, walked out of the Monastry into a group of 9 venom crabs. My LOR is rubbish, 99% misses and when he hits only does 1-3 damage. The ROG/RAN did all the work but everyone got poisoned at least once.

Survived that and easily survived the brigands etc. Was feeling pretty good. Gave the ROG the Falcion and he was backstabbing for 30+ each round on the two wasps that arrived next.

Then I ran into a Sige and 5 Piercer Modai!!! 5 monsters with 100+ hits and a mage casting terror/sleep etc when I have no magic screen yet. There are no decent crevices anywhere near there, I restored five times trying different tactics but the just murdered me each time.

So I restored again and decided to go back to the Monastry to build up a few levels and try again. Round the corner I run into 9 venom crabs and 6 hardshells!! Not a hope in hell.

So this group are stuck now. I deleted all the saves back to the Monastry and guess I'll build them up a few levels before I try again.

But in the meantime I have gone for a new 6 party with a variety of races and classes (no Lord, took two FIG instead) and they are cruising.

One thing I noticed though. I ran into lots of random encounters in the halls in the Monastry, far more than I did the first time around. And given that a small party spreads the experience between less members and therefore should level more quickly, this group are yet to reach Phoonzangs statue and all are level 5 and on their way to 6. The group of 4 were all only just level 5 when I had completed the Monastry!?!!?
bladedog is offline   Reply With Quote