View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 12:36 PM   #8
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Several good points so far. Here's my [img]graemlins/twocents.gif[/img] on the subject...

First of all, what are YOUR "gut feelings" on the issue? You know Jackie better than any of us. Do you think she is blowing the issues out of proportion? Is it possible that she is partly to blame for the situation? Does she resent Kayla coming into your dad's life and has she done things to "get back" at her because of it? Or is Kayla really the evil stepmom Jackie makes her out to be?

I'm not trying to slam your sister, just asking YOU to look at the situation as objectively as possible...especially if you're going to consider entering the fray.

I agree that your sister is old enough to stand on her own two feet. If she isn't doing that, then it's past time she started. I understand you want to rush in and help/protect your baby sister - but she can't depend on Big Brother to solve all her problems all of the time. I do agree this sounds like a very manipulative attempt on Kayla's part, but one that can be disguised as "Sugary Sweetness" to your dad ({sigh} "I was just trying to help Jackie out AND open communication between us"). Jackie needs to send the phone back and let Kayla know she isn't going to play into any of her games.

I think it is perfectly valid for YOU to call your DAD and discuss the situation Father-to-Son. It probably seems like this is just a cat-fight between the daughter and the step-mom. He needs to hear from an outside party that there may be more to it than that. While you may not be completely objective, you are certainly MORE objective about the situation than Jackie is. You need to let your dad know what Kayla did after he went to bed the other night and how upset it made Jackie. If Kayla IS doing the evil stepmom routine, then your dad needs to know about that too.

And IF all else fails, just remind Jackie that - here in the South - "She needed killin" IS a valid defense!

[ 10-20-2004, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Cerek ]