View Single Post
Old 07-06-2001, 11:28 AM   #8
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Psychedelic Buttafly:
Well i'll go with the flow if there is going to be a American Quiz and an Austrailian Quiz well why not a good old Scottish Quiz.I mean to many people think Scotland as a scenic, friendly(I hope)place, but lets see if you really know your trivia when it comes to Scotland.

1/What famous world renouned scottish poet was born in 1759? ROBERT BURNS

2/Whats the name of the well known structure erected in Glasgow that looks like the an armadillo? CLYDE AUDITORIUM

3/What has been placed on top of a statue in Glasgow which is now a tourist attraction? TRAFFIC CONE

4/What is traditionally eaten in Scotland on the 25th January? HAGGIS

5/Who played William Wallace in the film Braveheart? MEL (BORN IN NEW YORK STATE) GIBSON

6/Which famous Scottish king led Scotland to freedom? ROBERT THE BRUCE

7/If you lived in Glasgow what is a 44D? BUS ROUTE

8/Which Scottish hooker recently was dropped from the British Lions squad despite playing 6 mins against the Wallabies in the first test? GORDON BULLOCH - AND AIN'T HE MOANING ABOUT IT!

9/Where in Scotland did Golf originate from? ST ANDREWS

10/Where in Scotland do the smallest variety of pony come from? SHETLAND ISLANDS

11/Which famous english king said "the problem with Scotland is that it is full
of Scots!"? EDWARD III

12/Which Scottish Clan were the only army in Europe to defeat the Romans? PICTS?

13/Which Scottish mountain is the highest in Britain? BEN NEVIS

14/What do you call a mountain in Scotland that is over 300 feet high? I'M HOPING THAT'S 3000FT. MUNRO

15/Name the town in Scotland that is associated with breathing?
AYR

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas