View Single Post
Old 11-12-2002, 11:38 AM   #115
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
To chime in on the existence of Jesus historically, I think Yorick already mentioned historians who menioned him. From Roman writings, there is little doubt that the "Christ cult" formed around a figurehead prophet with supposed ties to the line of Jewish kings. Like Homer, whether this was truly one person, or whether it was a group of people who became conglomerated into one personality, there is little doubt that Christ existed historically.

I do not challenge the existence of Christ, nor Budha, nor Mohammad. The world has been shaped, to a large degree, by influential charismatic genius prophets. I just can't buy into the resurrection. Not to indicate how much teachers affect us, but this was the same conclusion that lead my religion professor to ultimate conclude he could not advance beyond Judaism in his beliefs.

Me... I stopped at atheism, after many bouts with Christianity as a youth and brief entertaining of agnosticism and pantheism as an undergraduate.
I would agree with you. I never said to yorick that these people in history never existed. Just the magical part, resurection, the holy spirit, etc.