Thread: Stuck at end!
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2003, 02:14 PM   #13
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
Welcome to the board, camomile13!!!

Hope you have managed to get past the sticky bit or that the many helpful replies from other posters will provide a solution that will work. There have been many reports of players getting stuck in various places within the game (most commonly in the Serpent Temple) but I don't recall anyone getting stuck in your particular place before - so I'm still learning something new. In my own games, I never had a problem with getting stuck anywhere but I'm not certain I know why I never had the problem and others did. I wonder if it might have something to do with whether we've run the game in software mode or other graphic choice hmmmm Might be very useful if we could figure that out.

Hope you will be through soon!!

Wyv
I got myself stuck in a very tricky place just a few days ago. I as in Anephas's Shrine, and I had set my portal in Kerah's area (shrine/alter), and then gone to town to sell/train my characters. I returned and then completed the rest of the Shrine. Then, I accidentally exited out of the Shrine through the entrance instead of taking the correct exit. So, just to save time, I decided to teleport back to Kerah's room, swim down, throw the lever, and exit through there...but it never worked. No matter how many times I hit the lever, the little hole which leads to Kerah's Alter would never open up. I wasted a good 20-30 minutes there (so much for saving time) till I finally gave up and decided to reload and just go through from the entrance.

BTW, the people equiped with the Underwater Breather and the Underwater Helm took in water very slowly. I've only got 3 underwater breathers and 4 of the helms. My Assassin is not equiping one (he's got 6 points in athletics, so he consumes water pretty slow). My Warlock has them both. My Ranger has just the helm, he has a bow in the spot of the breather instead. Does the breather help out much anyway? It didn't seem to before. My Bard has Iron Lung, so I guess he doesn't need it, and my Monk has them both on. The only problem is that my Pries doesn't have any of them. Should I take the helm away from my Bard, who has a helm, and give it to my priest? The priest has the spell 'Breath of Air,' but he can only cast it 4 times, and he consumes water pretty fast.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote