View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 12:48 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Type at home jobs

My scam radar is going mad. Here's why:
  • Math... $50-70 per application, with people making up to 12,000/week? That's 172 applications per 40-hour work week, aka just over 4 per hour or one every 14 minutes. I'm not sure what industries pay $240 per hour for entry-level people, but I think they involve getting screwed.
  • Main contact email is a Gmail address? For a company supposedly paying that kind of money? Yeah... sure.
  • I don't know of any reputable industries where you pay to get trained. Unless you consider college/university degrees to be like that... nah.
  • I'd ask who's funding this $50-70 per application fee. Whoever is doing that has to, by definition, be earning far more than $70... more like $150-200. No names? No body... no way.
  • This requires the ability to print neatly? For an internet-based position? Mmmm... who are you going to print for? No one... except your friends going "Told you so".
  • Huh?
    Quote:
    There is a one-time 60-days money back guarantee.fee
    Quote:
    This is a non-refundable fee,
    Which is it? Can't have it both ways at the same time, can you?
  • Quote:
    The average person makes $2500-$12000 each week.
    By definition, "average" means half make more, half make less. See line above about ridiculous hourly wage for entry level person
  • I missed it somewhere, but these things usually come with a line like "payment for completed and accepted applications". Amazing how many reasons they'll come up with to reject your work... including "wasn't done fast enough".
  • Googling that email address provides two kinds of results... help wanted ads, and pages that identify it as being a scammer. Which do you believe....
  • That Paypal protection thing works both ways... so they can send you some money to get you hooked, then call it back.
That'd be enough for me to stay far away, and only send money I never wanted to see again.

Wait... I want to see *ALL* my money again. Guess I'll keep it.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote