View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #7
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

Default Re: Woman fined to tune of $1.9 million for illegal downloads

that fine wont stop or even detur downloading of music; the probability of getting caught is so slim that the average person in their lifetime wont be prosecuted.
As for how they can 'catch you' there are a lot more programs out there than those two, and there are a lot more ways to keep your music on the hard drive hidden. The way of the future is in services that sell music online, the problem right now is that they want MUCH more money than the music is worth - eg 1 track for 1 dollar makes it cost as much or more than a CD, and its an MP3 or similar compressed music file so it is lower in quality than a CD (of course only an audiophile would tell the difference). I think that they should either drastically reduce the price per song, or sell the bandwidth on a monthly basis as per a low monthly subscription like an MMO. (of course i havent researched lately whats going on, this is based on my findings 2 years ago when i bought a total of 1 song and felt ripped off by itunes).

Personally, i find that i do not have any need whatsoever of downloading music regardless of how easy it is....there just arent any new artists that are actually worth listening to. Its quite sad how weak the turnout is for talent in the industry. I most sorely miss the originality and passion of music from the 90s and since i didn't even know about the internet at that point in time of my life i actually have CDs of all of the artists from that decade that i liked.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote