View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 12:11 AM   #11
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I don't know about being addicted to music, but I'll try and throw my two cents in anyway.

I'll agree with Someguy, there are a few songs I listen to that when I hear them, I get old feelings, some of gloom and some of better times. It all just depends on how you feel when you first listen to that particular song, and no matter the situation, the feeling normally returns when it is replayed.

I've never heard of musical addictions, don't think its possibly really. Because for example, take heavy metal and say you were addicted to it. That would mean that even if you listened to a song by a band that sucked out loud, you would be addicted to it which really wouldn't make much sense. You might, however just really like that song or maybe have it stuck in your head and have to listen to it reptitively to get rid of it.

Music is also there to help our moods out a bit. If you're normally an agressive person, you'll probably listen to heavy metal more often than anything else. If you like to relax, you'll probably listen to classic rock and so forth. For me, I listen to it for a certain reason. When I try to write something, music helps motivate what you're trying to write out. I'll listen to metal if I design a fight scene or a love song for a romantic scene.

Everyone's got their reasons, but not an addiction I don't think. My two cents.