View Single Post
Old 12-21-2002, 05:37 AM   #28
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

When we think of Islam we think of a faith that brings comfort to a billion people around the world.
Unless you're not of that faith. Sorry Fred, but when I think of Islam, I think of violent invasions in 600AD that wiped out civilisation after civilisation, not in the name of money - as was the case with European conquest, but in the name of Allah.

The root cause of the problem is that in the Qur'an you will not find any assurance of salvation outside MARTYRDOM. That is a terrible reality.

Not even Muhammad the exemplar of Islam knew whether he was going to heaven or hell. Mind you Muhammad the exemplar of Islam invaded, killed and destroyed human lives.

Jesus, ordered his followers to put down their swords when he was being knowingly led away to be tried, tortured and killed.

Big dif.

No other religion of the world offers Martyrdom as an assurance of salvation like Isalm does. It's a sad reality. Wish it were not so.

A British Muslim who does not go to war has rationalised the elements of the Qu'ran that chide and belittle the person who stays at home instead of fighting.

I'm sure they are peace loving British who care more about the cricket, but they have a rationalised interpretation of the Qu'ran.

A Jew who has a rationalised interpretation of the Torah, mayh decide to eat pork, lose the hat, shave the beard and get a haircut, and play sport on the sabbath.

A Christian who has a rationalised interpretation of the New Testament may be homosexual, preach with long hair, or be part of a coup d'etat.

There are not quite the same implications for literal fundamentalism with all the various faiths.

[img]smile.gif[/img] Take it easy mate. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-21-2002, 05:38 AM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

http://www.hughwilson.com