View Single Post
Old 12-20-2000, 12:39 AM   #1
Moiraine
Anubis

When my husband and I were students together, we used to play AD&D, Cthulhu and Rolemaster with a great bunch of friends and two great DMs. Then the two DMs got married ...
We went on playing for several more years, but less and less often, because, you know, their wives did no play and were not happy with their husband spending so much time away ... I remember though our little baby (he is 9 now) going to sleep with the sound of both his parents hacking orcs and trolls to pieces !
Then it was low for several years, because our DMs definitively stopped playing (I hate wives !), and multiplayer RPGs did not exist yet.
Then, we discovered multiplayer games ! First Diablo then BG2. And it is great !
And also, as our son is now 9, we decided to play inside the family, we bought all the new AD&D 3 books, my husband started masterizing, and we just started a new AD&D adventure 2 months ago.
Now I have a son who is just delighted with his dwarf fighter and his elf mage, and we play every week-end !
(We are only 1 DM and 2 players, so we play 2 characters each).
The most difficult is for him to learn English (we are French), but he will manage just fine (he is very motivated !). We always play RPGs in English, because the French translations are often silly.
And ... we cannot wait for the D&D movie ! (End of December in France ... just for Christmas).
Just an ordinary family !!!