View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 06:06 AM   #16
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

well yes you can BUT..

for example:
when i am downloading something or defraging my computer or scanning my computer.. i know that it would take like around 3-4 hours to finish. so if i would start at 12 midnight, i of course, would not like to wait for it to finish and wanting to go to bed. I also dont want to waste electricity or for my situation, (this is real), having my house losing power for like 10 seconds every morning for some wierd reason. That also messes up my computer (hard disk to be more specific) for not having a proper shutdown.

Thats when this little program comes in handy. i can shut down my computer properly without waking up and before the brown out starts.

another situation would be if a guy using dial-up downloads something that would take all night but would like to have his phone line free in the morning because sometimes he gets important phone calls in the morning. so without waking up, he can shut down his computer before the morning arrives.

edit: i actually read the 2nd example of the reviews of the program [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-01-2004, 06:22 AM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..