Thread: Own game
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2001, 07:08 AM   #17
Link
Jack Burton

Right. I agree with Wolfgir. Besides that: if i'd let my character be born in the fantasy-world, that leaves me with some sort of Zelda-like story, and that isn't what i'm looking for. I think i'll stay with (at least) the basic magical creatures like Skeletons, Ogres, Gnolls, Goblins, Kobolds etc. As for the story. I figured out some quests, but the main one will be of course to destroy that Upholder. I don't know how that can be done, whether or not you need a special sword or so to do it. What i do know, is that there will be some sort of a dragon control device (dragon flute), with which you can control one dragon (being one that disturbs the rest at a certain island (Jo'Mun Isle of Silence; this is a sacred island, where no word can be spoken. This is also the home of the Priests Of Athrab, but they have spread out over the entire world. On this island a dragon has appeared, and many fighters have tested their skills against this beast. Apparently nobody has been able to kill the dragon. If the dragon is not killed soon, a great evil shall rise on the Island. That evil was kept in place by the Priests of Athrab, and can be awaken by breaking the eternal silence -> this of course will happen: the creature will wake up, and this will resolve in another quest...)
So far i guess i've made up quite some things. I agree with everyone who thinks i'm far from done, i know that myself: the story needs a good fix, and i need to make up some quests.

What i do plan to do ( it is a RPG), is not to restrict the number of people in your party. It will be your own choice: a bigger party will draw much attention, and is harder to control. A smaller party will remain unnoticed to most of the people, and will be easier to control.
Second thing i want to do is the so called combat mode: you can chose between letting the AI fight, or join in at combat mode. Combat mode enables you to make several moves (slashes, etc.), but you cannot cast any spells in combat mode. I thought that was a pretty good idea, but i will need you suggestions once again!!! Thanks!!!!!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......