View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 09:47 AM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Gasoline may not be pressurized in the tanks where it is stored, prior to being pumped into your car, but the next time you go to fuel up, listen for the hiss. Pressure is essential to the function of internal combustion engines, hence the compression ratio. On any model year vehichle newer than 1996, if the fuel cap is left off, it will trigger the infamous Check Engine light, signalling an emissions problem. The problem is that the fuel pump has to work harder to maintain the 14psi required to keep the fuel in the fuel rails for consumption. Every time a compression stroke fires, there is pressurized fuel. It looks as if the medium for burning doesn't require pressurization, again, just from the video, since it's burning in an open test tube. While I'm not a physics major, I am an ASE certified automotive technician, it's my field of choice. Assuming that the radio transmitters can be placed on the top of the piston, and the top of the compression chamber, which is the area between the top of the piston, and the cylinder head when the piston is at the top of it's stroke, it could fire the medium just as efficiently as modern engines use gasoline. Assuming some salt residue, I don't see it being any worse than fuel deposits or oil that find their way into the compression chamber. Check your plugs the next time you do a tune up. Periodic cleaning would probably be required, but since scheduled maintenance now includes replacing spark plugs, if the transmitter is set up similarly, where it can be removed from the chamber as a plug currently is, it wouldn't be any different than what is happening currently. Engines in general produce more power than they need. For example, an engine at idle will not use the energy it produces to push a vehichle at 60mph, but the potential is there for that power. I think this could very well work to replace fossil fuels, w/out causing an undue strain on the environment. I think it would be much cleaner, just in the lack of carbon emissions. I'm sure there would be some kind of waste product, but I'm not sure what it would be...I seem to remember seeing a special on one of the science channels where they ran a car on hydrogen, and the by product was pure water, drinkable pure water...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote