Thread: LadyWendy
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2001, 07:52 PM   #30
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Stealthy, I also think that Bk is disqualified from flirting with LadyWendy,
since he already has got Cb - well as much as any one man will ever have Cb ...

No, LadyWendy, I was speaking about the new chapter here on this forum. On Mr. Bush's ,ahem, intellectual capacity: I do not remember how it is done in the US media (when reporting from abroad), but here whenever a German White House correspondent is on to let us know what the "leader of the free world" has said they first let us listen to a fraction of the original English soundbite, then after a delay the correspondent kicks in with what is really a mixture of literal translation and summary. Anyway, ever since Mr Bush took office I have been marvelling at the sharp contrast: first I hear Mr Bush stumbling along, with a vocabulary that mostly does not exceed mine at age 11 after one year of English in school, and sounding like a schoolboy who is reciting a poem whose meaning he does not completely grasp, then all of a sudden the correspondent makes him sound not only as if knew what he was talking about but also like a genius who was admitted to Harvard/Yale - don't remember - for academic excellence and not for family/money. It is amazing !

Well, I can only hope I did not hurt any patriotic feelings here.

Btw, maybe you should let your husband know about the queue that has been forming here to make him more ready to do as you want, er, make that compromise

Happy posting and househunting !

------------------
So long !

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 03-03-2001).]