Thread: Santa MOSH!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2004, 01:16 PM   #38
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
You really think so Sigmar? I find every fool with an instrument or synthysizer can cut a record today. I can't think of any new bands that are any good. But I'm open to suggestion! Don't suggest the heavy stuff though, it's not my style. Right now I have Rush, Yes, and Genesis in the car.

Oh, and we're starting our DnD campaign tomorrow. I'm playing a Halfing Bard. So if you know any good songs or fantasy type stories I can use, I'd really appreciate them.
Sing about gold at nausea, that'll keep any dwarfs in the party happy. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

*ahem*

I don't really listen to heavy metal but the only reason I responded to your comment was because you specifed that your comment was not only directed towards the Heavy metal genre, but all types of music ("not just the mentioned genres").

Rap- New music is SO much different to the old stuff it ain't funny. The beats are now much better, the variation in lyrical stylings more obvious, and everything that isn't NWA/Snoop Dog/LL Cool J/Sugarhill Gang and Rakim is NOT completely rubbish. [img]tongue.gif[/img] You've got rap from the UK, different types of Rap in the U.S, on average the stuff put out today is much better.

"Christian" Rock hit it's peak with "Creed" btw, another new-age band (which I love).

Old "mainstream" Rock < New "mainstream" Rock

Mozart < Beethoven

The writing's on the wall man.

I'm not saying the old stuff is rubbish, I lurve listening to Gun, Manowar, Spectre General and other old fellas, it's just that the average quality output is better now than it was then (especially when you're forced to endure a "Best of so and so year" mix tape, this REALLY seems to be the case. >_<).

But our differing opinions could have something to do with you being older with me, you growing up listening to your preferred music, have nostalgic memory's of the music and as a result lovin' your music more than the stuff that's released nowadays. AND the fact that I'm younger, grown up with my music, more likely to think its better for the same reasons...yadda yadda yadda

Both of our opinions are biased, we're not going to convince each other that we're "wrong". So I for one, am going to stop and direct my energies to other, more productive matters...like an Online petition. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

-------------------------------
BTW listen to "Tenacious D", they're scientifically proven to be the best Rock band....EVVVVVAAAAAAA1!!!11!111

[ 12-18-2004, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]