View Single Post
Old 11-04-2001, 10:00 AM   #4
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Well it depends what exactly you wanna do. If you just wanna replace an existing familiar then it is easy. Just make a copy of the cre file for the familiar you wanna replace, eg. FAMCAT.CRE if I remember correctly. Then edit that creature file to what you want it to be then save it with the same name. You can do this with shadow keeper....the only part you have to do with IEEP is the creature's weapon.
I would use Near Infinity but it is not very newbie-friendly looking more like a hex-editor thatn anything else [img]smile.gif[/img]

To create a completely new familiar is hard work. You need to make the new CRE file first which is the easy part. Then you need to make scripts along the lines of:

IF
Died("FamilarSCriptName")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
ApplySpell("in here goes a spell which removes HP and Constitution of player1",Player1)
END

In Baldur.bcs (global script) you also need to keep checking if the familiar is in the same area as his master or not and if not, move the familiar to the caster. I haven't actually tried this (yet)but in theory it's something like:

IF
!InMyArea("FamiliarScriptName")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
MoveGlobalObject("FamiliarScriptName",Player1)
END

which I am not sure will work cos script normally only function when the player is in the area in which they are running.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray