View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #91
uk_john
Dungeon Master

Default Re: Tech Tips (game not working? Read this!)

If I choose software mode, the game crashes at the start and I have to recopy the gameopt file back in to get back into the game, as it sets the game to hardware mode.

Funny thing is after the reinstall, I did not uncompress the townavi files, did not install the 1.0 patch and just mucjked around with my XP to see if I could get it working rather than any more game changes. As I said above the only thing I found and did that has not been mentioned was the dciman.dll file copy to the Windows\system folder. So maybe this is what did the business. I am not going to uninstall and reinstall to check it as I don't trust W&W that much!

I had read some reviews and the manual and as far as I can see in combat all you have to do is click on the enemy, but even the manual doesn't say if you use turn-based how you 'end the turn', or in realtime, how you instigate battle with the enemy once you have chosen the weapons and spells for each of your team.

I also wonder if not seeing the snakeman means I have a problem there, although no one say specifically where you meet him on the path, so maybe you can get waylaid before you meet him? I don't know because I cannot find enough information!

If the dciman.dll gets your game working, maybe you can let me know!
uk_john is offline   Reply With Quote