View Single Post
Old 09-26-2001, 11:51 PM   #15
ScottG
Drow Warrior

What floyd said.

Charisma almost never offers any dialoge choices (I can think of only one time where it did and the ring fixed that).

It does not get you a lower price in shops - that is based on your reputation level which is attributed to your alignment at first and then altered based on quests (usually positivly) you perform & killing good npc's (negativly).

Use the same stats if your playing Berserker/Cleric. A Ranger/Cleric will be different and I havn't acctually figured out what I consider to be the optimum dual-to level. Additionally the prof. points would be diff. as well because the Ranger will only allow up to specialization (Not Grand Mastery), however the wepons would remain the same for the same reasons (Crom, Flail of Ages).

If you want the ultimate char. to go to TOB with then I have a different suggestion:

Seriously think about getting BG1 and TOS expansion 1st and go with an Elf multiclass Fighter/Theif. Not only will you get extra play time (which ends far to quickly), but you will also be able to up the stats (w/out a Shadow Keeper precursor) via tomes found in BG1 & extras in TOS. Whats so great about this combination for TOB?, well once you reach 3 million exp. points, in SOA or TOB (and you have TOB installed w/ SOA), you begin getting special ablities to choose from. In paticular for you theif special abilities is use any item, assasination, & spike trap - from fighter is greater whirlwind. The most intresting is the use any item ability which allows you to acctually use any item - of paticular note is that your Fighter/Thief can now use ANY SCROLL and thus can cast very powerfull magic. Obviously w/ this knowledge you will need to stock up on scrolls & cash (for scrolls) in SOA. Just a suggestion.