View Single Post
Old 09-28-2001, 05:54 PM   #5
Bhaalthazar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Player Offender:
Ok well this will be my seocnd swashbuckler, and once i get like 220 pickpocket, and start with the 125 detect trap and pick locks, then i dont know what to put my points in.

Since Swashbucklers dont have backtsab multiplier, i dont think stealthy skills like hide in shadows and movesilently are that good.
So then theres detect illusions. But thats crap. Psch. I mean. Detect illusion? Psch. Crap. Psch.

So now im thinking what good is place traps? if i get good at that, are they good evnetually? and if they are, how do i use them effectively? like do i put it in a doorway, then lure a monster through the doorway?

Share your knowledge you ripe pickles of goodliness.

Traps ROCK!

There's nothing more satisfying than luring a big, dumb dragon near a pile of traps (they go off if something goes near them), unless it's setting a bunch of traps where you know a particluar nasty-nasty is going to materialize and watching it die without scratching you.

At higher levels (if you get ToB) your thief will have access to Fireball traps, Timestop traps and mega-damage Spike traps. All traps rock, though: they do area damage but only to hostile entities, they hit everything no matter how magical it may be, and they are safe for your party to walk over, so they're a great way to guard against wandering monsters while you sleep.

Traps are so amazingly awesome that I won't play Bounty Hunters any more---they're too easy!

---Bhaalthazar