View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
Gavindale
The Magister

Default Icewind Dale problem

I had been playing IWD for a while now - not Heart of Winter - and everything was going fine, game runs like a dream. Anyway, I got curious and installed Heart of Winter. No big deal at first, but when I started to explore what the expansion had to offer, and found some new “features” that I didn’t want to deal with right now, or at least until the main game was completed. I didn’t know what to do, so I copied the game with files in tact to a shortcut on the desktop. I went to the START menu and uninstalled the game. Now, when I try to reinstall the game, I get an error message. I can’t “install”, it just has the option for playing. And using the copied folder, I get that same message. I got bold enough to try to delete that new-copied folder but get a message that deletion might effect the operation of other files on my computer. Does anyone have any idea how I can play my game again? I worked very hard on those characters; I don’t want to lose them now! Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Gavindale is offline   Reply With Quote