View Single Post
Old 09-17-2001, 11:15 PM   #1
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Peter Forsberg of the Colrodo Avalanch is 'steping aside' for right now. He said his injurys wear geting too much and he needs to relax and 'feel his body.'.

Forsberg made the announcement at the Globe Arena, where the Avalanche was preparing to play an exhibition game Sunday.

"The reason we are here is that I am going to take a break from hockey for a while and just get my body back in the shape I want it to be in, to be able to play at the level I want to play,"

In 73 games last season, Forsberg scored 27 goals and 62 assists and was a plus-23. He is winner of the 1995 Calder Trophy as the NHL's top rookies and was originally selected on the first round of the NHL Entry Draft by the Philadelphia Flyers. He was part of the blockbuster package that went to the Quebec Nordiques for the rights to Eric Lindros and blossomed with the Avalanche in Colorado

He said it was not just the spleen injury that pushed him into this decinon,but all the injurys he has suffered in his carerer.

To that end, Forsberg said this wasn't a retirement announcement.

"No, I'm not retiring. I don't want to retire," he said. "I love hockey and I want to get back playing but how long it's going to take, I don't know."

So, it's possible Forsberg could opt to sit out the entire 2001-02 NHL season.

" I feel like I should be able to get back and play, but I don't really know"

He says he dosent want to leave the Avalanch ( damn it ) but he must.

Forsberg indicated he would not come back to solely play for Sweden at the 2002 Winter Olympics, reiterating his desire to play for the Avalanche again (Man big big lose for Sweeden)

"Like I said I'm not going to go play in the Olympics and not play for the Avalanche. If I healthy I will go back and play with the Avalanche. I will not be going with the team back to Denver, but my intention is to go back to Denver. I hope people aren't mad at me. This is a health issue so I will go back to Denver, not to practice but I will go back there. I have a lot of friends, a lot of people that I want to see, I have been in Sweden for a long time."

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

"You guys way off,you guys kick ass, Live at Buddahkhan, Intenceidy-in-tence-city"