View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 03:59 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: Various WoW Stuff

Well, all right. After some consideration, I have installed 3 add-ons. Auctioneer, CarboniteQuest and Gatherer. Gatherer is pretty straightforward, and CarboniteQuest took some tweaking with the settings before I was comfortable with it. Auctioneer however, has been a case of information overload. I believe I know what I am going to be doing this weekend... spend a few hours to "RTFM", because seriously, I don't think I even understand what 90% of the stuff in Auctioneer is suppose to mean to me. As I said before, I am not planning to play World of Wallstreet here, I just want some basic info, that's all.
~~~~ ~~~~

During one run in Maraudon, our group came across a cliff where we could jump off from to avoid the multiple spawns on the long winding path down.

The Tank-Paladin jumped.
I jumped. (Enh-Shaman)
Hunter A jumped.
Healer-Druid jumped.
Hunter B jumped.
Hunter B's pet ran along the path and aggroed every single creep along the way. ALL. OF. THEM.

You know those moments in a game when you realise no matter what you do, you're going to be f***ed anyway? The Paly saw the wave of doom approaching, cast a bubble on me, saluted me (yay for emotes ), and died approximately 5 seconds later, along with the rest of the party. Leaving me to watch helplessly on as everybody got tentacled-whipped to death by 30+ barbed sentient plants and Satyrs.

Fortunately for Hunter B, our group was pretty easy-going and we didn't push the issue much other than to firmly instruct him that he needed to shove his pet UP HIS A** the next time we needed to jump from somewhere.
~~~~ ~~~~

Now that I have dinged 50 with my main, I finally find myself in the position of being regarded by other players with healthy caution, versus in the pass when my Lvl-20-30 was being ganked by the Alliance on a regular basis.

I can finally like, quest next to an Alliance player and not worry too much that I will see a spinning pink twirl around my head in the next five minutes. The other cool thing about being at this level is that I can finally help defend my fellow Horde mates from cheeky Alliance players.
~~~~ ~~~~

Cheers.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote