View Single Post
Old 07-11-2001, 12:49 AM   #20
Darviathar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Strider132:
Jan is dead, aerie is inaccessable, my party is me (Ranger), Minsc, Jaheira, Nalia, Valygar. Viconia left cos my rep was too high and i didnt do the keep evil characters trick... who should i use? I was thinking about Keldorn, especially cos i hate anomen and he becomes a pyscho (or in my case a dead pyscho....)

You really cannot afford to drop Anomen from your group! You are going to struggle big-time with only Jahiera as a healer. There are portions of the game in which you've really got to have certain clerical spells (death ward, negative plane protection) cast on your fighters, and Jahiera simply isn't going to have enough spell slots to memorize enough of the spells to protect your party. She's also multi classed, and will be leveling quite slowly. The sixth level clerical spell Heal is a must have towards the end of Shadows of Amn, and certainly by the beginning of Throne of Bhaal. Because you are a ranger PC, you certainly don't need Valygar AND Minsc. Replace one of them with Keldorn, because you will definitely want a paladin in the party in order to employ the holy avenger sword.

Also, if you want Viconia back, there are ways to lower your reputation. Just keep it at 18 and under, and she'll stay. She'll bitch constantly from about 15-18, but she won't leave. Try going into some out of the way shop and getting caught stealing an item. Turn your party AI OFF so that they won't instinctively chunk the shopkeeper (instant loss of 10 rep points and ranger status). Run outside and don't go back into that shop again (don't do this in the adventurer's mart whatever you do; you definitely don't want that store inaccessible).