View Single Post
Old 02-11-2001, 12:52 AM   #22
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

What the...fighter/thief not a very good idea???? It is the best of ideas!!! Have you ever thought of the possibilities with a fighter dualled to a thief?? Think about it:
The fighter gets a fighters THACO and can be a grandmaster in weapons. After dualling, and you have gotten your thief-skills back, BAM!! You will never miss a backstab, + the thief almost always kills what it backstabs. This means liches and all sorts of mages will die very easy, and effectively. Why won't anybody believe me when I say that this makes the game really easy. I have played the game through with a kensai/thief on hard difficulty, so I would know, now wouldn't I.

If you need thief-skills in the beginning, just keep jan. He can be in the back picking his nose in combat, but will find traps, open locks and pick pockets. After you have gotten enough thief-skills to open locks and find traps for your fighter/thief, then you can finally kick jan out, and get someone more useful.

The gnomish thief/mage won't be able to backstab as much or as hard as a fighter/mage, and has really low hp. You only have limited amount of tenser's transformation spells, so there will not be much fighting. The gnome won't get much spells either. I say this is a weak, weak combination.