View Single Post
Old 08-19-2002, 07:13 AM   #6
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
quote:
Originally posted by sageridder:
I would have to guess for any of the party to have survived the battle that thier must have been some modifcation on the part of the DM.Like it was a very young dragon,or allready injured,or maybe even just with reduced stats so an inexperenced party could have a chance.I have to ask and don't take this the wrong way I'm not accusing just asking,are you playing as your charcter would act or as you would act?Are you a low level charcter who should evade and use more stratigic attacks who runs in screaming with sword swinging going toe to toe with a superior foe?Just some things to consider,you could be playing correctly I don't know I wasn't there.Just rember especially at the lower levels or any time against a much tougher monster,a series of smaller smarter attacks usally beats an all out rush.A good way to think about it is this.If you (yourself) were hunting a bear would you do better in a treestand with a bow,or on the ground with a sword and shield?
We didnt really get any oppritunity to make tactical attacks - just run or fight.

it still drives me mad when i think that i have 4965 exp while the second most weak party member has over 15000 and as much as i know, our druid is level 7 because she hasnt died even once(lucky bastard! I died about.. 4 times!)..

What good would my weak lvl 3 Mage do? Even the F/M/T is 4/4/4 and therefore stronger in magery than my char is!
[/QUOTE]I'm not sure about the rest, but that 4/4/4 added up makes 12 levels. Sounds like some favoritism may be going around. You might want to ask about doing some solo adventures to help "catch" up, if your DM will agree. If not, then he definitely has something in for you. In that case, I would recommend finding other gaming friends.