View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 09:31 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Make sure you're getting the right spot. IT sounds like you're off by a position (or more), which is causing the confusion. Take one character and strip him/her down to just one item in inventory, the one you're going to replace. Then find the hex code for that one thing (which should be easy, 'cause everything else will be zeroes) and replace it with the hex code for the glow stone.

*edit* and change the text, too [img]smile.gif[/img] Gots to do both

I'll D/L a copy of HexEdit and see if I can make it happen. All this time, and I've never given it a try [img]smile.gif[/img] '

*edit* downloaded... and doesn't look too bad. I suspect you've either got a typo or a bad position. Make sure that you put everything in the correct case -- Glowstone, not glowstone. And make sure that you're using zero through F -- no capital O letters in there.

I'd offer to take a look at your file for you, but I am heading out tomorrow morning and won't be back until Wednesday night. If you want me to look at it then, send me a PM and I'll give you an account to send your game to.

[ 04-04-2005, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote