View Single Post
Old 04-04-2001, 08:29 PM   #10
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by turbovee:
pH 10! good grief. Did your skin burn off yet?
how in the nine hells did your water get so alkaline? I hope you got it resolved.

I don't know what's up with the water here (pubic city water), but don't really have any influence on the matter except for the ol' Sodium Biphosphate. I swear my eyes just about popped out of my head when I did the red (High PH) test. Two drops and it was PURPLE!! Luckily, my fish are African Cichlids and a couple of Syndidontis (sp?) catfish, who live in a high PH environment, but I have to wonder if they can take it this high! Especially since they have been used to the old house's water, which was actually a bit low for them at 7.8. Quite a difference. Luckily, we brought most of the fish tank water to the new house and used an extra tank to store it in before we brought the fish over. So now I'm slowlllly introducing them to the new water. So far so good, but as time progresses, you know, the old house's water will be gone and it will be all 10PH not incase I Sodium Biphosphate it, which is such a PAIN to do!! Sorry to rant here, but you are the only one who knows what I'm talking about on this board re this particular subject!

------------------