View Single Post
Old 09-05-2001, 10:36 PM   #11
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Anomen all the way. As one of the previous posters mentioned I can't understand why people get down on his attitude so much. I find Jaheira at least as annoying. Just like every other npc you need to get a certain item or get the npc to a certain level so they hit their sweet spot. That spot is doubly sweet for anonmen. When he gets knighted his attitude improves and he becomes quite the cleric. Give him points in warhammer and he is a sight to behold with crom faeyr. He levels up very quickly because he is not multi classed,is much better in melee than viconia and has those great profencies from his fighter side. The more often I look at the black and white of it (hide the names of the characters and just examine the #s) I believe anomen is the strongest npc in the game. With the eq I have on him typically (crom faeyr & shield of harmony or whatever shield fits the situation) he is VERY durable. but I can swap in another weapon at any time if I want the extra offensive punch.
Aerie has alot of pluses early in the game but I find towards the end of the game I ALWAYS second guess myself why I had her along. Her levels lag behind and she is such a chore in a melee situations.