View Single Post
Old 07-07-2002, 02:50 AM   #105
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
Man, a dangerous and unbased assumption here MagiK.
For the record (and I need to be carefull what I say here), I contacted a relevant authority anonimously (who knows what these people are capable of) and sought out and encouraged like minded co-workers to do the same.
I had to exercise caution though. Basically I used to get really bored (very little to do - more ineptitude on their part, not mine) and so would trawl through the servers looking for interesting stuff to read - mainly tech info so I could tell certain 'techies' what to do when the system went down (I was customer services)
One day I found all these VERY sensitive docs and memos - read them all and then had to think about what to do - copy them? email them? - in the meantime my access was discovered (using a different log in because I needed internet access) and the files locked or deleted.

So I only had my own word - no way I would go up against them like that. So I told who I needed to tell.
As far as I know, investigations started around that time, possibly due to my friends and my 'tip off'. And the company came down eventually. Sadly that hurt alot of employees and investors too (some of whom are my friends)

Please be carefull in accusations without reason MagiK, as it can be hurtfull. I didn't want to post that here but had to clear it up because of the way I looked after your post.
I'll back that up. Truly said.

I agree that assumptions are not a good thing too.

http://www.hughwilson.com