View Single Post
Old 10-02-2001, 06:46 PM   #1
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

I was forced out of a neighborhood I lived in once. It was a sad affair. Overpopulation will be a serious problem in a couple generations. Part of the reason the US doesn't have it as badly is that we're a relatively young country. It's going up steadily though. Between immigration and the fact that the poor have more children. Other countries are worse off. You can't tell folks to have less children. Propigation is a natural instinct. It's unfortunate that those least qualified to have lots of children are the ones that have them.

I remember living in Lawton, OK. We lived in some low cost housing and most of our neighbors were like us. Lower enlisted military families with constrained budgets. It was great at first. Neighborhood BBQs, a community garden in the back I started, no crime, no drugs. Then, as military families moved out, they were replaced by trash. The jealousy(hatred?) of the new neighbors was quite apparent. My garden was destroyed. Flower garden dug up. Car was keyed. It was all I could do to keep my area of the lawn free from trash. The unsupervised children of welfare families dragged trash and old mattresses around as playthings. The children broke into our house and stole groceries and laundrey detergent of all things! The lady across the way lived on welfare, had eight kids, and never left the house! Her unsupervised children were the suspected theives. I found out later that she instructed them to go and "gather". Drug addicts broke in and grabbed single items(VCR, TV) to trade for their hit. I had to tote myself down the street to the dealers house twice to get my stuff back by paying what the addict had traded for. My cat was killed. I called the police once because there were screaming, unattended infants two houses down. Their mother was out orally gratifying a dealer in his car to get a fix. The police told me what I already knew. I needed to move. The only reason I wasn't treated worse is because I'm a big guy and owned weapons, which I wasn't afraid to bring out. I finally got transferred shortly after that. The landlords newest tenants destroyed the housing within a few years after that. Has anyone else ever been forced out of an area due to stuff like this? Why are people like this so MEAN? There were middle class homeowners a block away who I am sure were terrified by this encroachment.