Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
re: California "mandatory seizure" law.
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
OMG are you serious? That's crazy! I've heard the stereotype that Americans are dumb. I don't usually like stereotypes (except for using in jokes ) but this really does enforce that! Sorry but how dumb is it to vote in something like that!
Oh, yes, I am very serious. And yes, it is crazy. Like Epona said, it also applies to leases, as well as your car, your boat, your truck, your motorcycle, etc. anywhere drugs are found your possession is subject to seizure.
Individually, Americans are not dumb. Put enough of them together, however.... [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img] Like I said, people will sign away their rights to win the War on Drugs.

Recently in Dallas County (last year, or perhaps the year before), there was the case of the informant who sold information about lots of drug deals which lead to many arrests and convictions...only to find out that in many cases the drugs the informant gave to police were mainly finely powderized sheet rock. [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img] Many releases from jail soon followed, as well as a Federal investigation....

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.