View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Default Sea Cave Revitalized...

Okay...

I went down into the Sea Cave after grabbing Roddybug The Sage (aka "U Da Mahn!") and a few supplies. Please note, these supplies were all taken from the bodies of Mordok's followers repeatedly. Okay, after getting Roddybug some new threads and a new beatstick, we entered the Sea Cave through the Fourth Level of the Undermountain, only to find ourselves confronted with a Huge Water Elemental and a few of those Umberlee Manifestations. Now the Manifestations of the Cruella DeVille of the Deep I was expecting, but not one of her new bullyboys. Luckily, the little lady I was playing (half-orc 40th level cleric) wasn't without a beatstick of her own.

I go down the long abandoned mineshaft a little more only to find myself confronted with ANOTHER Huge Water Elemental. (I am suspecting that Ziroc may create a new subset of Furious Saltwater Elementals just for areas like this one soon.) And after the third one, I decided that I was going to get myself a Hellfire Shotgun on my next trip to The Store. (The Store being the two merchants located on Level Twelve - the regular human merchant to the Cult Of The Dragon and Mephistopheles in the twisted dimension.)

When we got to the midway point (or so it seemed like), another Umberlee Manifestation tried to take us out. As you might have guessed, it failed miserably. (I would like to thank Aribeth for selling her old armor so the dark elves within the Drow City could make "cheap knockoffs" of the original.) After the Death Knight found permanent rest, we entered the only one of the dungeons currently accessible. After all, we want to help these poor beleagured souls find a beautiful afterlife... the old-fashioned way. Giving the gift of smackdown is something that should be cherished by all clerics. And with such an astounding and astute companion such as Roddybug with me, I could not help but wish to donate to others in liberal amounts.

This region, of course, was the Hall Of Dragonkin. The average adventurer would insist the Undermountain has enough scale issues as it stands now, but that is for another tale (or seven, depending on whom is your storyteller). Half-dragon sorcerers abounded here once. No longer, thanks to the Sage's deft staff-wielding. Raga'Veross was a brand new threat to the sanity of all good-looking magisters everywhere - and so Roddybug insisted we take care of the situation with extreme predujice. What I don't understand is that with the arsenal of scrolls I bought for him... why didn't he USE ANY? I mean, we were ambushed by close to five Ancient Red Dragons during the course of this endeavour and yet nothing?

In the end... we both died. It was horrible. The brand new dragon crushed us both like bugs. Next time I drag someone in there with me with more striking power... someone like Jaross, Guss, or Teri'sha.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote